2016 Formula One Season
Big hype for this season, hope Bottas & Räikkönen will do well. :)
Quote:The FIA have confirmed the new knockout format of qualifying will be used this season in newly published 2016 Sporting Regulations.

The session will remain divided into three parts, with Q1 running from the top of the hour until 16 minutes past, Q2 from 24 minutes past to 39 minutes past and Q3 from 46 minutes past to the top of the hour.

22 cars will take to the track for the first seven minutes of the session at which point the slowest driver on the timesheet will be eliminated and must return to the pits. This practice will be repeated every 90 seconds until 16 cars remain. When time expires on the 16 minute session, drivers can complete their lap with the slowest then eliminated.

15 cars will then proceed to Q2 where after six minutes the slowest will be eliminated and this will again be repeated every 90 seconds. The slowest driver once the final laps have been completed will also be eliminated leaving eight cars for Q3.

Q3 will run for five minutes before the slowest driver is eliminated, with the next slowest eliminated every 90 seconds, leaving two to contest the final moments of qualifying. Both drivers will again be able to finish their lap when the chequered flag waves.

Oh I forgot Qualifying had been mixed up a bit Happy Should be a little more interesting. I miss the 60 minutes timer, 12 lap limit.
[Image: fxo_team.png]
I much prefer the old Qualifying layout that you referred to. I really like watching the backmarkers (usually my favourite drivers) at the start of Qualifying to see their pace and its the only time I get to see them onboard. I doubt they'll get much airtime now with the front runners in the spotlight 24/7, especially the fact that the two drivers will battle it out.
[Image: 107qbv7.png]
---------------------------------------------
[Image: 28lv02r.png]
Well it's certainly better than Ferrari's attempt Happy
[Image: 32fdc33890e17eb34142eae63e23a8-56ed12a2ab568.jpg]
I hate it to be honest, I know drivers safety is a big concern but motorsport is and always will be dangerous. I don't like the 'radical' designs being thrown around. Leave it as it is Happy
[Image: fxo_team.png]
(19/03/2016, 4:02 PM)Rossi Wrote: I hate it to be honest, I know drivers safety is a big concern but motorsport is and always will be dangerous. I don't like the 'radical' designs being thrown around. Leave it as it is Happy

The only thing that I think is actually the real closed Cockpit! With an actual glass Dome as a Cockpit. There were some renderings a few months ago...
[Image: I5kWt5F.png]
Replay of Alonso' crash

OP is updated, will include highlights video when I can. Round two at Bahrain International Circuit is next!
Oh shit that was HUGE! Can't really blame anyone here though? Misjudgment of both drivers and result of a crash..
Yeah I personally don't think anyone is to blame, Gutierrez caught Alonso off guard as he tries to make a late pass.